You can EMAIL me at alcoholicsmind@gmail.com for questions and comments!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Favorite Famous Alcoholic Quotes

Favorite Famous Alcoholic Quotes

Today I'm going to compose a list of my top favorite top ten "Famous Alcoholic Quotes". Not exactly sure why they are my favorites, but considering that I'm a practicing alcoholic I feel that I can relate to these quite well.

Famous Alcoholic Quotes

1."  Drunkenness is nothing but voluntary madness. " 
Written by 
Lucius Annaeus Seneca 
I can definitely relate with this one. One of the few diseases that many people actively pursue and willingly feed.

2. " I'm only a beer teetotaler, not a champagne teetotaler. "
Written by 
George Bernard Shaw

I can relate to this one because after I have started this blog, many people have sent me emails preaching from their pulpit, when I'm sure they have a whole closet full of skeletons that they keep locked away.

3. " It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth. "
Written By
George Burns

I'm willing to bet that I don't live to be 100 like George Burns did if I keep drinking like a lush!

4." When money's tight and hard to get
And your horse is also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt
A PINT OF PLAIN IS YOUR ONLY MAN. "

Written By
Flann O'Brien

Not quite sure what kind of drink a "Pint of Plain" is, but alcoholics do often find that the only thing / person that doesn't leave them is their relationship with the bottle!

5. "  A man hath no better thing under the sun, than to eat, and to drink, and to be merry."
Bible
Ecclesiastes 8.15
Does this quote give me the permission to drink without the guilt?
6. " Alcohol removes inhibitions - like that scared little mouse who got drunk and shook his whiskers and shouted: "Now bring on that damn cat!"
  Written By,
Eleanor Early

7. " This beer is good for you. This is draft beer. Stick with the beer. Let's go and beat this guy up and come back and drink some more beer."
Written By,
Ernest Hemingway

8. "  Wine hath drowned more men than the sea."
Written By,
Thomas Fuller

9. " People who drink to drown their sorrow should be told that sorrow knows how to swim. "
Ann Landers

10. " Alcoholism isn't a spectator sport. Eventually the whole family gets to play. "
Written By,
Joyce Rebeta-Burditt


Related :


Ernest Hemingway Quotes About Alcoholism

If you have a favorite quote about alcoholics or alcoholism please send them to alcoholicsmind@gmail.com or leave them in the comment box below. If you are new to this blog, be sure to sign up and / or follow this blog. It is about a practicing alcoholic that struggles with alcoholism on a day to day perspective. 




No comments:

Have You Ever Woken Up and Not Know Where Your At?