You can EMAIL me at alcoholicsmind@gmail.com for questions and comments!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Iodine Drops, Capsules, Tablets For Radiation Protection, Exposure

Iodine Drops, Capsules, and Tablets? Will They Protect You From Radiation?

This is a bit off topic from my usual banter, but after watching all of the news coverage of the Tsunami that hit Japan I just couldn't help myself.

Alcoholics can be very selfish in many ways. I read many of my past posts, and many are filled with self loathing, "Oh Woe Is Me", and self pity dialogue. After watching the tragic events unfold it really made me think how miniscule my problems really are.

It is heartbreaking to see what the Japanese population is going through. Radiation exposure, stock market crashing, homes destroyed, and thousand killed in an instant. It makes all of my problems seem so insignificant I really can't bring myself to make a post today about my alcoholism.

The nuclear plants that are leaking radiation is quite alarming, worrisome, and downright scary. This could happen anywhere! How many nuclear power plants do they have in California? I live in the Midwest and the biggest fault line in the United States is in Missouri near St. Louis. It kind of puts thing in perspective and my personal problems seem so petty in comparison.

From watching all of the television coverage, I learned that the Japanese Government is distributing Iodine Tablets to the public to offer them some degree of protection from radiation exposure. I did a little research and found out that non radioactive Iodine is needed by the Thyroid Gland to create hormones. The thyroid gland quickly absorbs radiation so if you have been exposed to radiation this can create some problems. However, if you take a stable (non radioactive) Iodine in the form of tablets, capsules, or liquid drops form your thyroid gland will absorb this safely until the thyroid gland is "full". Harmful radiation then can't be absorbed by the thyroid gland. One dose will protect you in this way for 24 hours.

Kelp Iodine Drops, Capsules, and Tablets

Nature's Life Icelandic Kelp-Iodine - 250 Tablets - Other Green / Super Foods


I looked online and found a whole bottle of Iodine Tablets for 6 bucks. Why in the world don't I have any in my medicine cabinet (or emergency first aid kit) just for precautionary purposes. Well, I put my order in today. I'd rather have my own supply on hand (than wait for the Government to MAYBE distribute the tablets to me) with hopes that I'll never need to use it! 6 dollars is a small price to pay for piece of mind. From what I have read so far Iodine supplements in tablets, capsules, or liquid drops form is all equally effective.


There are also many therapeutic uses for stable Iodine as well.

No comments:

Have You Ever Woken Up and Not Know Where Your At?