You can EMAIL me at alcoholicsmind@gmail.com for questions and comments!

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Alcoholism Remedy, Dreams, Reach Your Goal, Structure Your Life

Remedy For Alcoholism? Yes! Plan Your Goals and Structure

I know I haven't posted in quite awhile. That's a good thing though! For those that have followed this blog understand that I've been a mess and was willfully killing myself. Life is an absolutely amazing journey.  If you open up your mind to just a slight possibility you allow "possibility"..

Is there an easy remedy for alcoholism? Probably not.  Definitely not a homeopathic one ;)  Can you get your life back in order? Hell "F&*(%$" Yeah.  It all relies in your dreams and goals, and if you are willing to restructure your life to meet those goals.

For me (it's different for each person) I was just sad.  I had a horrible job that paid me a shitty amount of dollars every hour to be there.  I stayed in this bullshit crap job for years because I had bills to pay.  Ex wife and child support wouldn't be understanding if I just said "No, I'm going to try something new that may have better possibilities".

Related :

Benzo Withdrawal and Alcohol


Alcoholism Remedies
Plan Your Goals and Structure

So your sick and tired of being sick and tired right? Blah, blah, blah you have heard those AA  quotes, but they don't apply to you or the strength of the quote holds no weight anymore. Many people swear by AA and I absolutely love that it has saved so many lives.  I just don't get it or the whole concept of the whole deal.  So, what helped me?

Well, I'm not "all better" by any means. About twice a month I'll drink and feel like shit the next day.  In comparison to how miserable my life was, this is a victory for me.

This is what I did to improve my "f'ed" up life.......  Decide what you really, really want to do in your life and get your plan together to achieve it.  I quit my job.  This was the foremost and most important decision I made.  When you do this your instantly in a "no help" zone.  Your don't get helpful assistance. It's all up to you!  Yet, it will bring a smile to your face. Your ready to roll up those sleeves :).  Nothing falls in your lap though.  Find what makes you passionate and do it till it hurts. You can't fail if you keep trying.

Many people tell themselves that they can't do a particular task. What if you would say to me that you can't "tread water for 1 minute"..  That you aren't a good swimmer and don't have the stamina.  I would bet my life that if I took you into the middle of Lake Michigan on a calm day and said that you had to swim for 3 minutes....or else....!  You would make it for those 3 minutes! Your wayyyyy stronger than you think you are.

Dreams

Well, I should stop rambling.. I have no good answers for anyone. I've drank and ruined many peoples lives. It hurts me when I think about the pain that I have caused.  I'm hoping that someone listens to a 20 year "beer drinking veteran" what dreams can mean. They can crush you if you let them sit in the back of your closet.  Don't say "next year when the times are right"... F%$* that ...  Chase your dream THIS year... You don't have the money to achieve that dream? Bullshit... (you just have to get used to eating peanut butter and jelly for a little while. LOL) Just chase your dream and stop making excuses. Please!! Structure your life, reach your goal, and be happy! What's the worst that could happen? Get depressed and fall into the bottle? Isn't that where you are anyway?

Remedy for alcoholism? Nah...  There's no magic potion. Set goals, structure your life, and reach your dreams. You will be amazed at how your "cravings" will be aligned around your goals. You have to put your mind and heart somewhere. Plain and simple...... If your goal is to get drunk, you will have cravings to do so. If you set goals to reach whatever dream you have, you should aim your vessel towards it. Keep moving forward and never ever straight.

No comments:

Have You Ever Woken Up and Not Know Where Your At?