You can EMAIL me at alcoholicsmind@gmail.com for questions and comments!

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Protect Your Liver From Alcohol? Milk Thistle, Dandelion Herbs

 How can you Protect Your Liver from Alcohol?

If you have battled alcoholism like I have for more than 20 years you are also probably worried about what you are doing to your liver. Just browse through my blog and you will get a good idea of how much of a mess I am at times. It is very easy to tell which blogs I am drunk out of my mind, and at which times I am coherant and sober.

I've always been intrigued about what benefits herbs have to offer the human body, and in this case the liver! There are several herbs that I have studied about and protect the liver from alcohol abuse, poor diet, and protection from prescription pills. This is what I have found to be the two most beneficial herbs to protect the liver from alcohol:

Milk Thistle

Country Life Milk Thistle Extract - Protect Your Liver - Milk Thistle

 Milk Thistle Extract

Milk thistle is a plant that contains powerful compounds that protect the liver against harmful toxins such as alcohol. Considering that I am not a doctor of any sort, here are a few helpful links if you would like to read about some studies about how Milk Thistle can help protect your liver from alcohol.

Enzymatic Therapy Super Milk Thistle - 60 Softgels - Milk Thistle
Order some Milk Thistle online and protect your liver. Especially if you are an alcoholic or take prescription medication!

Dandelion

Yes, apparently all of those pesky little yellow flowers are great at protecting your liver from alcohol. Who would of thought that, right?

Eclectic Institute Milk Thistle Dandelion 400 MG - 45 Veggie Caps - Other Herbs

 Dandelion / Milk Thistle Capsules - Protect Your Liver!

Just so you don't think that I'm shamelessly pumping herbal supplements here is a pic of the milk thistle that I take everyday! I'm an alcoholic and this is one of the few sensible things that I do for my health ;) The kitty in the background is my 14 year old cat "Moo Moo"


Read More about Herbal Supplements to help protect your liver from damage caused by alcohol.

No comments:

Have You Ever Woken Up and Not Know Where Your At?