You can EMAIL me at alcoholicsmind@gmail.com for questions and comments!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Drunk, But Not Sad. Somewhat Happy :)

 Drunk, But Not Sad... Am I Somewhat Happy?

Happy Drunk
Sorry, that I haven't posted recently. I'm fine, and all is well. I made it through Memorial Day.. I prayed for soldiers lost, and managed to get through the Holiday. Made it through without any bruises, scrapes, embarrassments, or feelings of overwhelming guilt :)

I've made progress I think. Drinking just to drink is no longer appealing. Waking up and feeling "anticipation" of what the day may bring, has trumped the feeling of "I feel so bad, I need a shot to make my head stop ringing".

Yes, I have been drinking, but instead of taking it to another level (which I have done countless times), I'm content with having a good nights sleep and waking up without feeling like I've been punched in the face by strangers :)

2 comments:

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog... have a view of my blog when free.. http://www.lonelyreload.com .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

Odysseylady said...

Good on you for reducing the amount! I'm reading your blog to try and see into my husband's mind, who does manage to hold down a job. But alcohol has cut him off from everyone bar me.

I see a lot of addiction (including obesity and shopaholism when you have no money!) as trauma related. All kinds.

Anyway, stick with feeling better about yourself. It's a great feeling!

Have You Ever Woken Up and Not Know Where Your At?