You can EMAIL me at alcoholicsmind@gmail.com for questions and comments!

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

God? Your Plan Is Flawed - Everything Happens For A Reason?

Mad at God
Everything happens for a reason? Yeah, right...... whatever

My fourth friend died last night.. There is no plan. He was a father of a little girl. He was the proud business owner of a trash company. He provided, obeyed the law, and was a kind soul.  He died in a head on collision last night. Nobody will ever know "why" he had a head on collision. There were no witnesses....Did someone fall asleep? Was the other driver drunk? Does it really matter? Not really... They are both DEAD!

As The Candle Burns - Don't Burn The Candle from Both Ends - An Alcoholics Tale

People say "Everything happens for a reason".  What is the reason? Why would any entity kill someone or something to prove a point?  Somebody out there is going to have to help me with this, because it doesn't make sense to me.  Will I be a "everything happens for a reason" example for someone else?  Once that "someone else" gets it, what does it matter? They will be dead too shortly...

There is no point. Shit happens. You will die. I will die. It won't be pleasant.  I want to believe in God, but why, and how does he allow death, pain, destruction, and uncertainty about everything?  Show up in my life God! I'm asking you! Your plan is flawed.  What's your plan exactly? Plagues, disease, and despair during the "revelations" chapter of the Bible?

If I was God, there wouldn't be pain..  There wouldn't be head on collisions.  People's bodies wouldn't be deformed. Cancer wouldn't attack a soul. A human heart wouldn't refuse to work.  Everything happens for a reason?  Ummm... K.... However you sleep better.  the "Plan" is flawed. God, we need to have a meeting! I love you, but your killing me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry for your loss. I know from experience that these words mean nothing, really, other than to affirm that you are not alone; it will not take away the pain or give you the answers that you so desperately want when something like this happens.
You are right – it is senseless. I have been to 3 funerals in the last 6 months, all of which were victims of car accidents (and dead before the age of 45). They lived their lives well; provided for their families, tried to raise their children right and were good people. Even with that, they still had such a short time with those that loved them.
I have nothing but questions about the “divine plan”, so I am no help there. Pretty sure most of us are in the same boat (probably more like a raft, to be honest), just treading water in a great big sea.
In this I have faith - we are all spiritual beings. The treasured memories with loved ones, in addition to the love we have stockpiled and shared in this life will be the only things to go with us into eternity, and the only thing left here with those that loved us and were left behind. These are the ties that bind us, forever.
I don’t expect this to be of much comfort to you – what I do wish and pray for you is spiritual healing and eventual peace. And, sometime down the road, a smile instead of tears when a fond memory of your friend surfaces. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Have You Ever Woken Up and Not Know Where Your At?